The Center for Translational Medicine and Research and Development (TMC) integrates medicine, life science, material science, imaging and mechanics. It focuses on the translational research at technology and products for the clinical application in orthopaedics. The current research fields mainly include:
1. Bioactive and Biodegradable materials for bone regeneration;
2. Prevention and treatments of osteoporosis;
3. The pathogenesis and treatments of rheumatoid arthritis and related translational research;
4. The mechanisms of injuries, healing, regeneration of tendon, ligament and many other soft tissues, and developing treatment methods and products;
5. Biomechanics and medical device design.