Qiang Qu is an associate professor, the executive director of Global Center for Big Mobile intelligence at Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology (SIAT), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). He was awarded by CAS Pioneer Hundred Talents Program. Before joining SIAT, he was an assistant professor, the director of Dainfos Lab, the Associate Head for Research at Institute of Information Systems of Innopolis University.He received his Ph.D. at Aarhus University, supervised by Prof. Christian S. Jensen. His Ph.D. research was supported by the GEOCrowd project under Marie Sk？odowska-Curie Actions. He was a visiting scientist working with Prof. Gustavo Alonso at ETH Zurich in 2014-2015, a visiting scholar working with Prof. Christos Faloutsos at Carnegie Mellon University, a visiting scholar working with Prof. Gao Cong at Nanyang Technological University, and a visiting scholar working with Prof. Feida Zhu at Singapore Management University. He obtained his M.Sc in Computer Science from Peking University. His current research interests are in transportation, AI, spatial-rich data management, large-scale data mining, knowledge-base systems, and information flow and cascading behavior in networks. Along his study, he has been awarded, e.g., Canon Scholarship, China Excellence National Scholarship, and Honorable Awards of International Mathematics Modeling Competition and Java Cup Competition. He has work experience in Sun Microsystems and IBM China Research Lab, and he has been involved in several projects supported by governments and companies.
· Aarhus University Computer Science, Doctor | 2011.10-2014.9
· Peking University Computer Science, Master | 2008.9-2011.7
· Dalian University of Technology Management School, Bachelor | 2004.9-2008.7
· SIAT Global Center for Big Mobile Intelligence,Executive Director | 2016.10-Until Now
· Innopolis University Institute of Information Systems,Assistant Professor | 2015.2-2016.12
· ETH Zurich Computer Science,Visiting Scientist | 2014.10-2015.1
· Carnegie Mellon University Computer Science,Visiting Scholar | 2013.11-2014.4
· Singapore Management University Information Systems,Visiting Scholar | 2013.7-2013.10
· Nanyang Technological University Computer Science,Visiting Scholar | 2012.5-2012.7
· Singapore Management University Information Systems,Research Fellow | 2009.12-2010.12
1. Sadegh Nobari, Qiang Qu*, Christian S. Jensen. In-memory Spatial Join: Data Matters. EDBT 2017 (CCF B)
2. Qiang Qu*, Siyuan Liu, Feida Zhu, Christian S. Jensen. Efficient Online Summarization of Large-scale Dynamic Networks. IEEE Trans. Knowl. Data Eng. 28(12): 3231-3245 (2016) (CCF A; JCR Q1, IF=2.476)
3. Siyuan Liu, Qiang Qu*. Dynamic Collective Routing using Crowdsourcing Data. Transportation Research Part B Methodology, 2016 (JCR Q1, IF=3.769)
4. Fang Zhou, Qiang Qu, Hannu Toivonen. Summarization of Weighted Networks, Journal of Experimental & Theoretical Artificial Intelligence, 2016 (JCR Q2, IF=1.703)
5. Ali Hadian, Sadegh Nobari, Behrouz Minaei-Bidgoli, Qiang Qu. ROLL: Fast In-Memory Generation of Gigantic Scale-free Networks. SIGMOD, 2016 (CCF A)
6. Mingli Zhang, Christian Desrosiers, Qiang Qu*, Fenghua Guo, Caiming Zhang. Medical Image Super-resolution with Non-local Embedding Sparse Representation and Improved IBP. ICASSP, 2016 (CCF B)
7. Qiang Qu*, Cen Chen, Christian S. Jensen, Anders Skovsgaard. Space-Time Aware Behavioral-Topic Modeling for Microblog Posts. IEEE Data Eng. Bull. 38(2): 58-67 (2015)
8. Siyuan Liu, Qiang Qu, Shuhui Wang. Rationality Analytics from Trajectories. ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data 10(1): 10 (2015) (CCF B; JCR Q3, IF=1)
9. Siyuan Liu, Qiang Qu*, Ce Liu, Lei Chen, Lionel M. Ni. SMC: Privacy-preserved Data Sharing over Distributed Data Streams. IEEE Transactions on Big Data, 2015.
10. Qiang Qu*, Siyuan Liu, Christian S. Jensen, Feida Zhu, Christos Faloutsos. Interestingness-driven Diffusion Process Summarizing in Dynamic Networks. ECML/PKDD 2014: 597–613 (CCF B)
11. Qiang Qu*, Siyuan Liu, Bin Yang, Christian S. Jensen. Efficient Top-k Spatial Locality Search for Co-located Spatial Web Objects. MDM 2014: 269–278
12. Qiang Qu*, Bin Yang, Christian S. Jensen. Integrating Non-spatial Preferences with Spatial Location Queries. SSDBM 2014: 8:1–8:12
13. Feida Zhu, Zequn Zhang, Qiang Qu. A Direct Approach to Efficient Constrained Graph Pattern Discovery. SIGMOD 2013: 821–832 (CCF A)
14. Xin Cao, Lisi Chen, Gao Cong, Christian S. Jensen, Qiang Qu, Anders Skovsgaard, Dingming Wu, Man Lung Yiu: Spatial Keyword Querying. ER 2012: 1–14 (Invited Paper)
15. Feida Zhu, Qiang Qu, David Lo, Xifeng Yan, Jiawei Han, Philip S. Yu: Mining Top-K Large Structural Patterns in a Massive Network. PVLDB 4(11): 807–818 (2011) (CCF A)
16. Qiang Qu*, Feida Zhu, Xifeng Yan, Jiawei Han, Philip S. Yu, Hongyan Li: Efficient Topological OLAP on Information Networks. DASFAA 2011: 389–403 (CCF B)
17. Coauthor of Book Chapter in Encyclopedia of GIS, Edition 2 published by Springer.
Honorable Awards of International Mathematics Modeling Competition Java Cup Competition.